Telehealth Services Questions and Answers
If you are looking for treatment via phone or video, then contact Women’s Health Consulting in Chicago, IL and get treated with our online telehealth provider. For more information please call us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 200 S. Michigan Ave, Suite 1550, Chicago, IL 60604.
Table of Content:
What is a Telehealth Visit?
What types of visits are able to be performed via telehealth?
What if I want to be seen in the office instead of having a telehealth visit?
A telehealth visit is a visit that can be scheduled and performed virtually, either over the telephone or computer. A few features/items are important for a telehealth visit.
– A telephone or computer with Wifi connection is preferable during your telehealth visit.
– We often prefer to enable video for the best possible experience. Please accept permission when prompted for a video option.
– Active insurance will be required as these visits are submitted to insurance (unless you would prefer to self-pay)
When you schedule your telehealth visit, expect a text or email notification close to the time of your scheduled appointment. Some of our providers send these notifications ahead of time, and others will schedule when they are to perform your telehealth visit.
Some visits that can be performed via telehealth are consultation visits and some prenatal care visits.
– Preconception consultations
– Contraception consultations
– Consultations regarding abnormal bleeding- sometimes lab work and/or ultrasound can be scheduled separately to minimize time spent in the actual office and number of trips to the office
– Some prenatal care and postpartum visits- These depend on a persons gestational age and a persons medical history as well as the presence or absence of any other medical issues.
– Some other medical problems like vaginitis or other types of irritation can be treated via telehealth. If symptoms don’t resolve, an in-office visit may be needed.
– Some preoperative consultations can be performed via telehealth
You may request to be seen in person in the office. We are taking great care to minimize potential COVID-19 in the office by minimizing the number of people in the office at one time, cleaning all items including door handles between patients, and asking all patients and staff to wear face coverings that cover their mouth AND nose.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our office. We are happy to be your source for women’s health during the COVID-19 pandemic and always.